This blog will comprise a collection of ephemera, mess and miscellaneous artifacts reflecting on the writer's life.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The domestic space


is one that continually fascinates me.
When we went to this exhibition the images of the interior of people's houses, their mess, cats and unmade beds were as powerful as the barricades of Paris and the images of streets.
I also like seeing people's mess in images.
We spent the whole of yesterday tidying up and there are still miscellaneous piles in place.
Dr Joolz is writing about Flickr as a site of images of domesticity, like here.
This is Molly's image of our house.
Lots of stairs.
Here is a book about the home.

2 comments:

Joolz said...

Love this post; I am going to that exhibition next week - when I will also be seeing LUCINDA WILLIAMS!!

Anonymous said...

I'm on the verge of starting a new body of work (in painting) and am very interested in the 'domestic'. If you have any suggestions for me it would be greatly appreciated.