This blog will comprise a collection of ephemera, mess and miscellaneous artifacts reflecting on the writer's life.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Shoes

is the subject of my post today.
And we think ofcourse of this project and hope their event went very well.
This is a wonderful site and well worth exploring.
I adore this site and think it is very stylish.
When I was 14 I longed for a pair of wedgy shoes.
My mother, ofcourse, thought I should wear Clarke's flats (she was so sensible and right).
In the end, I got them, from Sacha at Snob and they were marvellous, they had suede sides and a blue top.
More memories of Sacha shoes here.
Imagine what I felt when I learned that they were being re-marketed and they were over £100 to buy.
What a shame.
Platform shoes were also very in when I was a teenager and we all longed to have tartan trousers like the Bay City Rollers (the shame).
Now I mostly wear flats and I rather like my black ballet flats which go with everything.
But once in a while I break out.
As here.

I wonder if it is secretly to rebel against my mother?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fantastic color shoes....I have never see this unique color on my timberland shoes...thanks for posting