This blog will comprise a collection of ephemera, mess and miscellaneous artifacts reflecting on the writer's life.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

contested artefacts


I thought I would do a post on artefacts that occupy liminal or contested spaces.
They might also lie in a third space, between domains.
First off is my ipod.
I bought it in a fit of post-Christmas pique (no one gave me one alas) thus adding to my considerable overdraft.
Then I had to rely on my 13 year old to do itunes etc etc.
Next thing is, I get on the train and I discover that despite clear instructions I do not have Laura Cantrall and Lucinda Williams loaded on (or not much).
Instead I have Babyshambles, Anthony and the Johnsons and Gorillaz on this ipod.
It has moved into a different wholly alien domain.
This is v. annoying but also interesting.
Other contested artefacts in homes?
The Argos catalogue and the electric chapati maker.
Watch this space.

4 comments:

cityB said...

Kevin Leander looks like a nice wholesome man.

Kate said...

He looks like a Mormon.
Dr Joolz has pointed this out many times.

Joolz said...

OMG I forgot to say ... I met him.
He was SO NICE.
I spoke to him.
Yep.
Aparently he has loads of kids so the Mormon thing is still possible I reckon.
he is very handsome.

Kate said...

OMG how can you meet a person who looks as if he is from Outer Space?