This blog will comprise a collection of ephemera, mess and miscellaneous artifacts reflecting on the writer's life.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Life


is hard and sometimes it all feels too much.
But there are flowers at the end of the staircase.
Thank-you to Ann for my lovely flowers.
This post is also thinking about photographs as symbolic artefacts, standing for emotional states.
In Eng Lit this was called pathetic fallacy, I don't know why.
On Flickr there are lots of images of emotions
Go and see here and here and here.
(Loads of grumpy toddlers who actually make me laugh)
I love the way the tags throw up complex emotional spaces.

P.S. I have fallen in love with the South Yorkshire Flickr group
(sorry Sheffield but I am a Rotherham and Barnsley girl too)
They take such brilliant photos.
See here.

No comments: